About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

10.23.2011

In (local) stores now...

Over the last few months, I haven't been hitting up the "brick and mortar" stores hardly at all. Here in town, there are really only two big stores that have carried GIJOE over the years, Walmart and Kmart. (We did have a Dollar General that had the cheap VvV-style GIJOE figures, but that store has closed down, a while ago.)

Walmart is king in town, buy the truckloads. I know since I worked there for awhile. They get 2, 3, sometimes 4, full trailer loads of stuff just on the general merchandise side of the store EACH NIGHT! Compare to Kmart just down the road where they are getting at most 2 trailers each WEEK.


I like Kmart more, though, simply because there is usually a different amount of stuff, as well as very small crowds.

Unfortunately, with the last reset of the toy aisle, Kmart didn't get ANY GIJOE stuff in their set. Being so close to Christmas, and add in that the store is already setting up their Christmas seasonal (trees, decorations, etc.) , I don't expect any changes in the toy aisle until closer to February.



Yesterday, I stopped in at Walmart for the first time in months.

They did have the new GIJOE VAMP (2) and the Cobra Black Dragon (3), which I barely noticed.


They also STILL had full pegs of GIJOE Rise of Cobra movie figures. At $6.89 each.


Still.

I guess I'm not too sad since I'm not really buying modern figures, but still, for those in the area (like the kids...) who like GIJOE, simply aren't getting much for interesting options with RoC figures being somewhat the same figures for the last 2 years.