About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

8.21.2011

Cobra Ferret


Over the last few years, and I've already made mention of it, I have drastically reduced my motor pool. Both GIJoe and Cobra have taken the hit leaving a bare bones vehicle department for each.

Sometimes in my haste to "make a decision" I think I have too quickly made some. After looking at my Snake Trax (old review post), I've been thinking about Ferrets. As well as how I think I made the wrong decision on trading these off.

Above, are a pair each of Coil Ferrets and Skull Squad Ferrets. Not inexpensive purchases originally, to say the least.

However, I ended up with the pair of each of these, plus the pair of mail-in blue Ferrets. I was very happy with SIX (!) Ferrets, but three different color schemes.

Originally, I sold the blue Ferrets, and I kept the Club Exclusive Ferrets in the hope that I could find someone that wanted to trade their Skull Squad Ferrets for my Coil Ferrets.

But that didn't happen. And when I saw the Cobra Fury previewed, it really looked like it was going to color match the Snake Trax. So, in my simple plans, I thought, why not "cash out" on the "exclusive" ones so I can buy more of the new Snake Trax. And then, with a few of those, I might pick up one "new Rage" tank (which have previously had the others in my possession, but traded out, too). With the new "rust" (?) color, that seemed like a great new scheme for me to make my standard Cobra ground color.

But, that didn't happen, either.

I didn't even see a Snake Trax until I saw one on sale at a chance stop. And after getting it, I was not as thrilled about trying to hunt down more. I wasn't going to pay full retail on these, either.

Looking back, I should have kept the Skull Squad Ferrets. I really liked those, not too gold-shiny, but somewhat a very cool Cobra-blue camo-swirl pattern that each Ferret ended up with a unique-to-each A.T.V.


Ferrets will be out there for many years, but is there a better option for an A.T.V. for my small Cobra recon. forces?