About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

2.11.2011

new toys

New toys have arrived! No pictures, but it's all stuff everyone has seen before for the most part.
These "new" toys that are the "new-to-me" are:
1988 Toxo Viper
1988 Ferret (Iron Grenadier)
and 1985 Shipwreck.
And the PoC Zartan

This is my 2nd Ferret which is for my Iron Grenadier "army building" that is slowly on-going. I have one DEMON, so 2 of the 3 seats are now crewed by a Ferret. I most likely will not have a Razorback at any time in the near future, so my Wild Boar (needs an upgrade...) figure might just be the rear gunner, or perhaps he should become an individual character and command my DEMON? Things to figure out at some point.

This is my 2nd '88 Toxo Viper now. The first one I got is still incomplete and has the signs of play wear. I won't army build these guys, they are like the heavy suited guys compared to the lighter Viper '91 Toxo Vipers, but I think they will make a nice little mixed squad of toxic troopers. I may ultimately nix the Sludge Viper from my collection, there isn't much about that Viper that makes him much more different or more useful compared to either Toxo Viper. Another thing to figure out at some point, too.

Now Shipwreck? One would think almost everyone has Shipwreck? Actually the 1994 Shipwreck is the only "Shipwreck" that I have had. This particular figure is in really nice shape, but was missing everything, even Polly (sigh). I did have Shipwrecks pistol (that I can't remember where it came from) in my little extra accessories bag. I'm not too worried about not having the rest right now. I did have an '85 Shipwreck pass through my hands at one point previous, but that was for a good buddy that snagged a bunch of good GIJOE stuff at a Goodwill for me at one point a few years back. That was awesome, I just had to get him a few select figures in return, one was Shipwreck.
Now my WHALE has more of a deck-looking-crew. Another issue that comes up with this is that now I have "two" Shipwrecks. I won't "re-name" a figure into a new make-believe character, but perhaps in this case, keeping both makes sense. Shipwreck took his extra SEAL training and now is more versatile whether on deck or swimming with Torpedo and Wetsuit. The '94 Shipwreck has decent weapons and gear, too.

I got the PoC Zartan, too, the one with the bird where he looks all nomadic-like. I was thinking about getting the RoC Zartan, that was one character that I rather found interesting in that movie, but the toy didn't seem to offer much. This PoC Zartan has all sorts of gear, though. And he has a new (fresh?) take on the master of disguise. I'll get out all my Zartans some day and throw out some thoughts on those at once.
At this time, I find Zartan to be a very varied figure which really fits for the master of diguise, especially with this newer rendition, and also consider the vastly different "Renegades" cartoon version. Many personalities...