About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

2.24.2022

Eagle Force RIOT Commando ARMY!

 

Ok, not an "army" but a squad.

I found the Zica Toys Retro RIOT Commando figure to be just a fun figure.  Something just natural and new and fitting for me. 

Well, I had to get a squad of these guys since the "try-out" single figure was kind of lonely.  As a single figure the R.I.O.T. Commando could be a sort of lone mercenary or "boba fett" style character in the imagination.  But teamwork makes the dream work.  And you never know if a part is going to break in the future or anything so I have a back up at worst.  Right now I have a very cool 6-man R.I.O.T. commando team. 

I can't get excited over the Hasbro product in the "oring" category (or whatever "retro" poor quality thing they put out) and no way will I jump into an almost vehicle-less action figure line that is yet another scale change with some slight modifications from the original designs. 

The Hasbro Youtube stream feels a little like the 2005 G.I.Joe Convention when Hasbro Toy Shop was launching the "Direct to Consumer" figures and vehicles while simultaneously changing scales into Sigma Six.  

"Subtle changes."

However, the Megatron H.I.S.S. is surprising....


I want something new.  Something to keep the adventures of imagination somewhat new and fun.  The Megatron H.I.S.S. somewhat fits the bill. 

I jumped in on the Roboskull Mk2.  With the three G.I.Joe Convention sets I bought in the years past, this Roboskull Mk2 is easily in the top 5 "most expensive" toy purchase heights I have ever made.  As of now it is way out in the future on delivery but that is one very fun and unique looking toy.  I'm considering the Air Wolf, anyone get in on that yet?



The only "true" 1/18 scale non-G.I.Joe vehicle I have left that is a Kiowa helicopter.  Unlike the "modern" G.I.Joe figures that will not fit in "true" 1/18 scale stuff well these guys fit nicely.  The Kiowa was tight with later run G.I.Joe A Real American Hero figures and was best used with the swivel headed '82-84 figures that I found.  

I pulled the Kiowa out as I was thinking about what a bad guy commando squad might be using.  I don't have a deep vehicle pool to choose from anymore.