About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

7.18.2015

M.T.F.


First Marauder weapons I was able to try was from the 2005 convention at the booth, where at that time, I really liked how the weapons worked with the figures (fit well with classic/ o-ring styled figures).  Now, ten years later...., I had to get at least one figure from the Marauder Task Force, I chose the dark green spec ops style to start.

Right off the bat, everything arrives packaged most excellently (as with everything from them I have ever purchased) as you see above, and every  piece bagged separate as seen below.


I haven't been big on the modern figure scene for G.I.Joe, they're nice, but I really have to prioritize my HQ shells costs and those other real life budgetary things in other ways.  The modern figures, haven't been grabbing me, and I wonder if that's since I am not able to stare at these on brick and mortar shelves and pegs, picking and choosing from what's there?  

But here is a figure I am happy to add to my overall figure collection.  This guy is a great blank slate for me, and the details are huge.  Well, I think they are.   Consider the very, very, basic gear selection I chose to go with just below.  That's not much, and there is a lot of option left for me to add to just this one figure..., that's cool.

Of course, the surprise for me was the flamethrower (thank you for that, too).



That is one cool pattern on this figure, and all the straps are painted, AND the fabric details are really cool.


I have the "MK 1" version of this rifle in my Iron Grenadier box, however the detail on this version is simply "wow."  


The little helmet piece is intricate, and I found out my fingers are not as nimble as they used to be.  Very cool, but I have to wonder if some of the small parts are too advanced for me, as I dropped them on the floor way too many times? 

Modern G.I.Joe figure vests, well, I haven't been a big fan of most of what I have had.   I  like this vest on the M.T.F. figure here, though, it fits.  And I like the M.T.F. torso SO much more than the mid-torso that the G.I.Joe figures are using. 



I really like the goggles accessory, this is something that fits on my few other G.I.Joe modern figures that would really add to the set up of those figures.



I didn't get many of the pouches and holsters and other things, but, I kind of wish I did.  I was worried about too many tiny parts in my hands.