About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

8.11.2014

Gijoe outside

Something with having an HQ shell that has an actual yard that has kept me busy for most of the summer.    Back in the day, I didn't really play outdoors with my GIJoe toys, and today, if I do it is for pictures of some action shot.


The actual HQ shell's yard is very large, and I've spent more resources into it than any other non-essential thing this year.   Trees and bushes, and room for more next year, and eventually more shrubs, and, yes, maybe some flowers.  But only really cool flowers.

Heck, the most exciting thing for the weekend was putting in a little lava rock under an eave, and top soiling the lawn and filling in a spot where an old stump was.


I didn't feel much like doing anything with my GIJoe stuff, I just haven't been pumped about it.   Let alone bring anything outside.  Back in the day, most play was done indoors, anyway.   I was worried about losing stuff in the grass, or something.  Heck, I remember even just me and my old best bud agreeing to keep the accessories out of the action in just the living room battles.

Something about a nice, clean outdoor space is really inviting, though.  Think like a really cool garden.  Now, think a rough, uneven, weedy lawn, it's not that appealing.  Not something one wants to go sit on and play, really.

So, that's been the focus here, the HQ shells outer spaces.


What a change from not too long ago, perhaps inside me there is a creative drive and GIJoe was the vehicle for it prior to having a yard?

Or maybe I just like to use shovels and rakes?