About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

3.25.2012

Tunnel rat

For my small team of 28 GIJoe team members, I put more time into my process of eliminating figures than I care to admit. But with such small numbers and an actual self-imposed rule that I had to make, I didn't want to go wrong and end up trying to buy something back.

I went with the original Tunnel Rat, for my Tunnel Rat. And actually, this was the newest-to-me Tunnel Rats that I had, as I bought this figure online and had it home for the first time in December of 2008. (I'm still missing the flashlights, can anyone help?)


Tunnel Rat , at least I think so, is really a very popular character overall. I mean, he's made it into the 'Joe media a lot, and he's had a good number of figure variations (as well as scales). Not to mention his "likeness" origin.

He's got a great, more traditional "army" look, an MOS of E.O.D., and an SMOS of Combat Engineer.
For me, that means he looks good and diffuse explosive situations or engineer some battlefield solutions. (grade: E-5)

Was it ever explained why Tunnel Rat came with the M-60 style machine gun instead of just about any other weapon? Not that I'm complaining, it's one of my more favored accessories for my Joes.


For my modern figure force (figures that I can share and play with any age of interested kids), I bought the Renegades Tunnel Rat.

What a huge accessory load on this figure! For the household "junior joe," though, these parts are WAY to small to given to that guy for playing right now. Plus, as great as the Renegades figure looks, it is just not as much fun to play with, I mean, I really dislike those hanging straps.

For my small team, Tunnel Rat is going to add to the team well. The character and figure is almost an overly easy and obvious choice for a team of any personal angle one can think of.