About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

2.14.2012

Shockwave

Shockwave E-7
MOS: Special weapons and tactics SMOS: Choir

Here's a figure I got from a trade and not too long ago. I'm thinking 2008 into 2009 is about when I traded for this figure, really a still a fairly new-to-me item. I was using the v2 Sure Fire head on the v1 Sure Fire body as my Shockwave for many years. I still continued using my head-swapped-figure as Shockwave really up until it came down to me deciding which figures were going to be on my small GIJoe team. Since my usual Shockwave wasn't THE actual '92 DEF version (with dark hair), I went with the more unfamiliar-to-me, yet most original, 1988 figure.

Over the years, I had a little made-up sub-team in my collection that I thought of as my Security Force, which consisted of figures that were more law-enforcement in nature. Like Law and Mutt, very police-like with their animals. As I was going through my decision process, I wanted to keep the Security Force aspect of my collection, without it becoming overbearing.


I never really have had Shockwave on the beat, so to speak. But I think he's going to work the best for my team. At a rank of E-7, and I know that "rank" is very subjective for GIJOE, I think he's got that angle of squad leader going for him, too.

I would like to perhaps trade him in for the Night Force version, in order to blend more with the more olive-drab military colors that cover most of my other small teams figures, also the Night Force version will fit better in the wilds of an imaginary exotic battle zone somewhere around the world.

A little Joeverse background story that I might make up is a personal grudge that Shockwave has against the Headhunters. As a member of the DEF, and now the absence of these other figures in my collection, I wonder if I should make it where those DEF characters were killed in action? Only Shockwave remains?








Shockwave is seen with a Steel Brigade helmet on here, shooting from the back of the Humvee as part of my old Security Force.


My former class of 1988, 8 remain....