About HQ icebreaker

My photo
This is a very random bunch of thoughts based from my collecting of GIJOE: A real American hero figures and vehicles. Contained here are memories, experiences, recent thoughts, completely random thoughts, and other random things on top of that. While one company has made, and makes, our shared interests, we all add into that interest with our own creativity. You, the reader, will find many, many, excellent sites among the links to see what other GIJoe fans are doing, hit them up! For GIJOE stuff that is more random in topic, you'll find it here.

9.02.2011

Keeping track of things

With my last post, I told about my trimming of a big chunk of figures.

Around 1992 or so, I made my own little hand drawn spread sheets (the computer age didn't start for me until 1996!!! :O ), and this method was essentially my roster of figures.

I transferred this information to a pre-made notebook, but not all the information, like where something came from, made it into the new format.

Well, like many things, I didn't keep on writing down what figures I had at all.


So, about 2009-2010, I re-made my original little hand-drawn spread sheet list, and then I went back through all the various lists, scrap-paper notes, receipts, and any other things I had laying around to see if I could get an accurate account of what I had.


With me trimming out figures, it was easy to simply draw a line through what I was sending out the door.

But, even now, after I thought I had a very accurate list of what I had, I still found a few figures that were not listed when I went to cross their listing out!